1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Users of the Service may be Landlords, Co-Managers or Tenants (as each is defined in the User Agreement ).
Information You Provide to Us
Note: When you register for an account on the Service, you provide us with personal information. When may collect information to verify your identity, banking information to send or receive payments, and verify licensing status for Co-Managers.
- Personal Information: In the course of using the Service (whether as a Landlord, Co-Manager or Tenant), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). This includes optional photos, email address, birthdate, primary phone number, secondary phone number, emergency phone number, fax number, mailing address or information to help us fill out tax forms. If you are a Co-Manager, you may also provide company information, such as: your company name, logo, photo, website and social url, and number of units managed. If you are a Tenant, you may also provide typical personal information necessary for a Landlord or Co-Manager to evaluate your application, such as: tenant history, past addresses, former landlord information, pet ownership and information, vehicle information, employment history, current income information, whether or not you smoke, have filled for bankruptcy in the past seven years, been convicted of a felony, ever been evicted from a tenancy, and whether you have ever refused to pay rent.
- Payment Information: If you use Burbz Service to make or receive payments, we collect certain payment information, such as credit card, debit card or bank account information.
- Identity Verification: Depending on your user type and Services used,we may need to verify your identity. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo or a billing statement.
- License Verification: If you are a Co-Manager, we may collect Information, such as your real estate agent license identification, broker identification to validate your licensing status. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo.
- Audience Under the Age of 18: The Service is general audience and intended for users 18 and older. No one under age 18 should provide any Personal Information on the website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If we detect or made aware that a child younger than 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use reasonable efforts to delete such information. If you believe that Burbz has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: email@example.com with the subject “Child Personal Information”.
- Non-Identifying Information: We may collect “Non-Identifying Information” about you, which includes Aggregate Information, Public Information and Usage Details. To protect the User, this is information that cannot reasonably be used to identify or contact you unless it is coupled with other information. We may collect information, such as zip codes, demographic data, information regarding your use of the Services, and general property-related data.
- Non-Personal Statistical Information: We may collect non-personal statistical information about how you use our Site and Site Services, your internet connection, the equipment utilized to access our Site and Site Services (“Usage Details”). Burbz may use this information to optimize the Site to the internet connections and equipment that is used to visit the Site or use Site Services. This information is collected (a) directly from User when you provide it to Burbz; (b) automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Site and Site Services. We may aggregate non-personal statistical information that does not individually identify User, such as information concerning location, age, gender or property data like average rent (“Aggregate Information”).
You do not have a statutory obligation to provide us with any information, and if we do not receive certain information from you, then we will not be able to provide our all or certain Services to you.
Information Received from Third Parties
Note: We use third parties for analytics, services such as payment processing and screening reports, plus other uses. These third parties may collect your information as well.
In order to efficiently provide you with our Site Services, Burbz uses several third-party service providers for services such as: web hosting, ACH payment processing, credit or debit card payment processing, email management, Background Check processing. We also may receive information about you from third parties.
- User Provided Information: We use some third-party service providers that will directly handle and collect information from you and provide Burbz the relevant data. This includes third-party service providers for credit and debit card processing, ACH payment processing and Background Checks. You acknowledge that Burbz may use this information to carry out our Site Services and enforce our rights from any contracts entered into between you and Burbz. Any information collected from a third-party service provider will be governed by their privacy policies.
- Refusing Third-Party Service: If you prefer not to share your information with any of our third–party service providers, you should not use our Site or Site Services.
Information Collected Automatically
Note: Similar to other software-based companies, we utilize analytics and statistics to track usage, improve functions, create new products, and optimize our marketing efforts.
We and our third party service providers may automatically collect certain non-personal statistical information whenever you access or interact with the Site or Service about your internet connection, devices and equipment used to access the Site and Services, and how you use the Site (“Usage Details”). We may use analytic and other third party service providers to (a) learn about the browser and operating system you are using, (b) track your IP address or other unique device identifiers used to access the Site or Service, (c) detail your visit to the Site, such as time on Site, navigation between links, pages and content viewed, buttons clicked, or other statistics about your interactions, (d) the referral that directed you to the Site, such as a URL or advertisement, (d) the search engine and keywords that led you to the Site. We may utilize and combine this collected information with other information collected about you to further improve our (a) products, features and services offered to you, (b) improve and optimize our marketing and advertising, (c) analytics and understanding of our Site and Services, and (d) monitor and track our site functionality.
- Pixel Tags / Web Beacons: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ small electronic files known as “web beacons” and/or “tracking tags” that permit us to keep track of what content on our Site, Site Services and emails is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Burbz embeds web beacons on web pages you view and email messages you receive. Burbz uses this information to count visitors to our Site, opened an e-mail or to monitor Users navigation through the Site and platform.
- Embedded Scripts: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ an Embedded Script. This is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service, such as the navigation between links or links you click on. Embedded Scripts are temporarily downloaded onto your computer or other device and are deactivated or deleted when you disconnect from the Service.
HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Your browser setting may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services. Currently, there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Burbz does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
Note: Co-Managers may create a profile, with certain or all information publicly available to solicit Landlords seeking co-management services.
You may have the opportunity to create a public co-manager profile. This co-manager profile consists of information about you, and may include Personal Information, photographs, skills, tests taken, hourly pay rates and monthly rates, feedback/rating information and other information (“Co-Manager Profile”). The information in your Co-Manager Profile may be visible to all Burbz Users and the general public. You may edit certain information in your Profile by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Edit Co-Manager Profile”. If, in any case, you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created about you, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at email@example.com.
Note: Landlords may recreate a request for proposals, with certain or all information publicly available for the intent of allowing Co-Managers and public review what co-management services you seek as well as information about your portfolio.
You may have the opportunity to create a request for proposals in regard to hiring co-management services. This proposal request consists of information about you, but your contact information is not shared, photographs, skills and services you seek, your budget for co-management, and other information (“Proposal Request”). The information in your Proposal Request may be visible to all Burbz Users and the general public. Burbz creates a public page and sends out an email alert to any relevant Co-Manager regarding your Proposal Request. Burbz provides the portfolio details and services requesting but does not share any contact information. Landlords may make the first contact with a Co-Manager.
We place a premium on building trust in our Service for all Users. As a Co-Manager, before you can solicit proposals, create a Co-Manager Profile or use the Service, or at any time thereafter, we may request or re-request to verify your identity. To verify your identity, we may require Co-Managers to participate in a video call, submit their government issued ID, submit their state issued real estate license and/or certifications to enable us to confirm that the Co-Manager is indeed the individual that (a) registered an accounted, (b) created a Co-Manager Profile or listed in the Co-Manager Profile, (c) submitted a proposal. During any video calls, we may record such video calls and take screenshots of the user. For the purpose of verifying your identity, we may use the information obtained from Identity Verification and to enforce our Terms of Service and prevent fraud.
Ratings / Testimonials
Users may review ratings and testimonials on the Site and our Service. We display testimonials from Users you interact with on our Service. WIth your consent we may post your testimonials along with your name and relevant information, such as: date of testimonial, service provided, and other useful information. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Testimonials Review”. All reviews and testimonials are subject to Burbz discretion for approval and removal.
We strive to improve our Site and Services by collecting public and private feedback from our Users regarding their experiences with our Site, Services and other Burbz Users, such as Landlords, Tenants, and Co-Managers. We use this information to improve the Site Service, Site functions, develop new products and features, as well as respond to your inquiries. We may make your feedback publicly viewable on the Site or Services for any public feedback you provided about your experience. Any private feedback that you provide will not be publicly viewable on the Site or Services.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
Note: Burbz and our users want the best co-management products and features. We utilize information collected through the Service to provide services, improve or create new services, prevent fraud and many other uses.
WE USE INFORMATION FOR THESE SERVICES:
- Tenant Application Information: If you are a Tenant and submit a rental application for a rental property on the Service, you will provide personal information that is deemed necessary to evaluate your application by a Landlord or Co-Manager. Personal Information is collected and referred as “Tenant Application Information”, such as: your name, title, email address, date of birth, primary and secondary phone numbers, emergency phone number, current and former mailing address, tenant history (including past landlord information), pet ownership status and information about pets, vehicle information, current and past employment history, income information (as well as proof of income), whether or not you smoke, any bankruptcy filed within the past seven years, whether you have been convicted of a felony, if you ever refused to pay rent, and if you have ever evicted from a tenancy.
- Card Payments: Our Services allow Users to make payments to other Users by card, either credit or debit cards. Burbz uses Stripe to handle these payment processes. Users may set up automatically recurring payments If you choose to use the card payment features, you will provide personal information and card information required for Burbz, or our service provider, to process your payment.
WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
- To provide and improve the Site and Service, including (a) detecting security incidents such as malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, (b) measure all interest and engagements with our Site Services, (c) maintaining and ensuring quality control and assurance, (d) debugging and repairing errors in our Site Services, (e) audit interactions, transactions and other compliance activities.
- To develop new products, features and services on the Site. Burbz may collect useful information in assessing future products, such as user engagements, surveys, and activity.
- To identify and verify your identity, licensing status
- To communicate with you, including administrative purposes, marketing and promotional materials (on behalf of Burbz or third parties), and other information that may be of interest to you. Users can unsubscribe from marketing and promotional content at any point of time.
- To enable internal record keeping
- To customize the Site or Site Services, tailor content we display to you and offers we may present on the Site, Site Services or elsewhere online.
- To process payments and transaction-based fraud-prevention to protect all Users you engage with on the Site
- To assess your proposal to perform a co-management service you advertise on your Co-Management Profile
- To enforce and comply with the law, protect the safety of the public or any person or Burbz, prevent or stop illegal, or risk of being illegal, activity. We may need to use and disclose Personal Information with authorities in order to comply with our legal obligations.
3. DATA RETENTION
Burbz may keep your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill our registration and verification process including all government-issued identification documents, photos of yourself, real estate license and certification documents unless the law permits or requires us to retain your Personal Information longer. Burbz may need to keep all submitted Personal Information and documentation for quality assurance of Site and Service we provide or to defend legal claims.
4. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Note: The information you provide or automatically collected by Burbz may be shared in certain situations. Such as: creating a Co-Manager Profile, assigning Tenants or Co-Managers to specific property, if Burbz is part of a merger or acquisition, or if there is a legal investigation or law requiring us to share.
We may disclose Aggregate Information and Usage Details about our users, and Non-Identifying Information, without restriction. We do not disclose your Personal Information without your consent, except in the limited circumstances described here:
- Public Pages: We may share any Personal Information you use on Services such as Proposal Request, Co-Manager Profile, Tenant Profile, or Property Listings (collectively called “Public Pages”). Public information, such as your name, contact information, unit information you use Burbz Services to promote to potential Landlords, Co-Managers or Tenants, is information you ask Burbz to broadcast publicly. Public Pages may be searchable by search engines or on our Site and be delivered to a range of users and services. Before posting a Public Page, you need to consider what information you are making public.
- Information about Co-Managers, Landlords and Tenants: We may share or disclose your Personal Information at your direction in connection with your use of the Services. For instance in regards to Co-Managers, (a) when a Landlord invites you to their ‘My Team’, (b) when a Landlord invites you to a Property, (c) when a Landlord adds Management Terms to their co-management services, (d) when a Landlord makes a payment by ACH or credit or debit card via the Services. For instance in regards to Landlords, (a) when you assign a Co-Manager to your team, (b) when you assign a co-manager to your property(s), (c) when you pay your Co-Manager via the Services, (d) when you enter Management Terms between the Landlord and Co-Manager, or (e) when a Landlord uploads documents to the Property.. For instance in regards to a Tenant, (a) when a Tenant asks Burbz to provide the background reports to a Landlord or Co-Manager in order to evaluate their rental application, (b) when a Tenant makes a payment by ACH or credit card or debit card via the Services, (c) when a Tenant submits a maintenance ticket via the Services, and (d) when a Tenant provides proof of renters insurance to be shared with the Landlord and Co-Manager. For Tenants, any Personal Information made available with association to the Services will be shared with any Landlord and Co-Managers assigned to the Property.
- Service Providers: Burbz employs third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site Services, to provide the Site Service on our behalf, to perform Service- related services (e.g. maintenance services, web analytics, payment processing, background screening report processing). We may share or disclose your Personal Information to these third parties and who are bound by contract obligation to keep Personal Information confidential but do have permission to use your Personal Information only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them or as otherwise permitted by you.
- Business Transaction: If Burbz is involved in a merger, acquisition, liquidation or bankruptcy, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization or asset sale, we may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets as a business asset, including your Personal Information.
- Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions: Burbz may offer sweepstakes, contests and promotions (“Promotion”) that may require registration or use of Site Services. By participating in a Burbz Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion. By participating, Burbz may use specific Personal Information in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion, such as your name, voice, likeness, or other indicia of persona. Users that choose to participate in a Promotion allow your Personal Information to be disclosed to third parties or the public, without limitations.
5. THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
Note: As a business, we utilize experts in their fields to provide us access to marketing, payment processing, analytics and other services to help us understand our Site and Services, and to address improvements.
6. YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Note: When you register an account, you will receive emails that are promotional-based and transactional based (e.g. rent payment), as well as providing personal information to Burbz. According to applicable law, you may have certain choices and rights associated with your personal information.
- Email Communications: You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in those emails. Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Service. These emails include (a) administrative and service announcements that impact your account or connected Users account, (b) transactional emails for payments, maintenance tickets or documents added to Property, (c) transaction emails in regards to assigning and removing Co-Managers from Landlord’s My Team and Property(s), (d) other transactional emails to keep Landlords informed of recent activities.
- Tracking / Cookies: You can set your browser to refuse or delete cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. By disabling or refusing cookies, there are certain pages on the Site or Site Services that may not be accessible or function properly.
- Access Personal Information: You can request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you provided to Burbz by emailing email@example.com with the subject “Access Personal Information”. You can request to correct personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. Please note that Burbz may not accommodate your request to change information if we believe the change will violate any law or legal requirement or cause your information to be incorrect.
- Delete Account: You may request Burbz to delete your account by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Delete Burbz Account”. By deleting your account, only your Personal Information will be deleted. Any information that relates to another User will not be deleted, such as (a) payment transactions, (b) signed lease agreements or co-management service agreements, (c) maintenance tickets created by you. Burbz will not delete any information that is required to be kept for legal requirements and obligations.
Burbz recognizes that you are providing sensitive information and we take commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information we collect and store about Burbz Users. We take security precautions, and will continue to safeguard your sensitive Personal Information. Please note, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Burbz cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
8. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
10. PUBLIC PROFILE
The profile you create on our Site will be publicly accessible unless otherwise indicated. To delete your public profile, please email email@example.com with the subject “Delete Profile”. You will need to provide your name, email, phone and link to the profile. We make no guarantees on the duration of time before deleting the profile.
Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites, like Burbz, in order to obtain personal or financial information. Burbz is not responsible and cannot prevent these phishing websites. However, we take phishing websites imitating Burbz seriously and appreciate notification by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Burbz Phishing Site”. Please provide a link to the phishing website and do not provide any personal or financial information.. For more information about phishing, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing .
12. CALIFORNIA AND NEVADA RESIDENTS – YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
Under Nevada law, certain Nevada residents have the right to opt out of the sale of “personally identifiable information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. Burbz does not engage in such activity.
13. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
14. CONTACTING US